How do I care for my Softly Summer products?
ISLAND BEAN BAGS & DAYDREAMER PILLOW MATS-
Our bean bags and pillow mats are made from Silicon leather that is derived from natural silica, the constituent of sand, making it naturally UV resistant so will not fade.
PLEASE NOTE- like sand, Silicone based vegan leather gets hot in the sun, so when using at the beach or by the pool we recommend covering with a towel or sitting in the shade.
- wipe clean with a wet soapy cloth or baby wipe
- avoid sharp objects
- avoid permanent markers
- Do not iron, bleach, machine wash, dry clean or tumble dry
- Do not use harsh chemical cleaning agents
- water and stain resistant
- uv resistant
- non toxic
- pet friendly
- eco friendly & recyclable
- easy clean- simply wipe with a soapy cloth or baby wipe
- faux leather ~ no animals harmed in the making
BIG SOFTY PADDED BABY PLAY MATS-
Cover - Water-based Solvent-free non toxic PU (polyurethane), SGS certified Vegan Leather
Filling - Natural Latex Rubber- OEKO-TEX® certified (created using the energy efficient Dunlop process)
Size- ROUND 130cm diameter, 2.5cm width
PLEASE NOTE- The Big Softy cushioned baby play mat features a Child Safety Zip that requires a paper clip to open it.
Cover- The Big Softy padded baby play mat's Vegan leather cover is waterproof and can simply be wiped clean with a soapy cloth or baby wipe. They are designed to be used both indoors and outdoors but are not meant for prolonged periods in the sun or rain. Please bring inside when not in use. The Vegan Leather cover is waterproof however the zip and stitching are not, please do not submerge in water as the zip could allow water to seep inside, if this happens simply take the inner out of the cover and hang to dry in the shade. Dry thoroughly before putting away. Do not iron, machine wash or put in a clothes dryer. Avoid permanent markers and similar products that may stain or permanently mark the leather. Take care when using sunblock as some sun blocks can stain.
Natural Latex insert- Your cushioned baby play mat insert should be constantly protected by its cover, if for any reason you need to take the insert out of the cover do not expose it to prolonged periods of sunlight because this will dry out the latex and cause it to become discoloured and brittle. If the latex rubber inner becomes wet, take it out of its cover and let it dry in the shade before putting it back inside its cover. Make sure both the inner and cover are completely dry before putting them back together.
We only use the best natural latex rubber in our cushioned baby play mats? Natural Latex rubber is harvested directly from trees. It is a sustainable resource because the tree does not have to be cut down to produce the latex 🌱
PLEASE NOTE- Vegan Leather does crease, creases will relax over time with use, but will reappear if the cushioned baby play mat is folded to store. Creases are a characteristic of vegan leather and not a fault.
PLEASE NOTE ~ Allergy Warning- Our Big Softy cushioned baby play mats contain natural latex rubber
CUVVY PLAY MAT COVERS-
Made from durable, premium Vegan/Faux Leather
- Reversible designs
- Pet friendly 🐾
- Non-Toxic & Eco friendly
- Child safety zip (open with a paper clip)
- Waterproof vegan leather for easy clean- simply wipe with a cloth
- Lay flat in the sun to help release wrinkles
- Vacuuming not recommended- simply shake and wipe
- Do not Iron Leather OUTER- wrinkles will relax with time & use
- IRON WITH CARE- flip the Cuvvy inside out and iron the inner fabric layer on a medium heat with an ironing board separating the layers- DO NOT IRON THE LEATHER OUTER AS IT WILL MELT
- Do not submerge or hose down- Zip & stitching are NOT waterproof
- If the play mat cover becomes wet inside- DRY 100% before use
- Avoid harsh cleaners
- Avoid permanent markers, acrylic paint, ball point pens & scissors
PLEASE NOTE- If filling a Cuvvy with a TPU padded play mat with mould on it-
*Mould requires moisture, warmth, and time to grow. Dry play mats cannot grow mould. Ensure any mould spots on the play mat are treated, rinsed with fresh water, and thoroughly dried before putting inside the Cuvvy -play mat cover.
Top Tip-Regular white distilled vinegar kills mould naturally.
Please Note- treating mould can discolour TPU padded play mats- However this should be okay because you’re going to cover it with a Cuvvy Play Mat Cover.
Please be aware- Softly Summer Pty Ltd is not liable for mouldy play mats or mouldy play mat covers.
GATHER SACK ~ CARE INSTRUCTIONS
- Machine wash cold
- Liquid soap recommended
- Line dry in shade or tumble dry on low immediately after washing
- Do not soak metal parts for prolonged periods
- Keep metal parts away from salt water
- No bleach
- Because our Gather Sacks are made with natural canvas colours can vary.
TPU PADDED PLAY MATS ~ our TPU mats are amazing quality however they are not indestructible! To be non toxic & biodegradable they have some limitations. Please read the care instructions carefully. And treat your beautiful play mat with kindness.
BEFORE FIRST USE- Check your play mat over to ensure it is in optimal condition. We highly recommend taking your mat out of the box, check it over, then roll it up in the opposite direction and put it back in the box over night. This is because our mats are made from memory foam with a very good memory and they can take a while to settle, anywhere from a few hours to a few days or more before they are completely flat and crease free. (although some flatten much quicker)
- Keep the velcro straps in a safe place, they are very handy when wanting to transport or store the mat.
- Wipe down with a wet soapy cloth.
- Best cleaning with a non acidic gentle cleanser or warm water and an antibacterial microfibre cloth.
- Please note- A slight yellowing discolouration may be present around the edges of mats, especially the lighter coloured mats. This occurs because of a heat-sealing process. Our play mats are made WITHOUT toxic plasticisers and chemical and colour stabilisers which means that (like most things) the colours can fade with time and use. Lighter mats can yellow/discolour over time (this is exacerbated by sunlight, heat and exposure to acidic or harsh cleaning products). This is characteristic of the product and not a fault.
- Colours can vary slightly between batches.
- Our play mats are made from the best non toxic biodegradable TPU (Polyurethane) currently on the market. TPU was developed to be a safer alternative to PVC, and once composted will biodegrade after 3 to 5 years. PVC is toxic and will retain its form for decades, only breaking down into smaller pieces, it is said to be the most environmentally damaging plastic and can release harmful chemical emissions. TPU does not require harmful substances such as PVC, BPA, phthalates, formamide, or formaldehyde. TPU is safe and because of this is frequently used in medical applications. Lighter mats can yellow/discolour over time (this is exacerbated by sunlight, heat & harsh cleaning products) Our play mats are made WITHOUT plasticisers and chemical and colour stabilisers, because we are concerned with the health and safety of our little ones and our planet, and because of this our play mats require a little extra care and kindness.
- Avoid prolonged direct sunlight to avoid discolouration and heat damage.
- Any poop, vomit, urine, paint or other spills must be cleaned off immediately as they could cause stains.
- Avoid sharp and rough objects as they can tear the outer layer of the mat.
- Do not scrub.
- Make sure your mat is 100% dry before rolling to store. We are not responsible for mouldy mats.
- Avoid vacuum cleaners- as some can damage the outer layer. Simply pick your play mat up and shake it off, too easy!
- Avoid using marker pens or permanent markers.
- Avoid hot substances or vessels containing hot substances.
- Avoid HOT Steam mops.
- Not intended for outside use. (At your discretion on a nice smooth surface they can of course be used for short periods outside. Amazing on smooth wooden decking and tiles. But definitely not on rough surfaces such as rocks, sticks or rough concrete)
- Not recommended for pets as they can cause damage with sharp claws. (At your discretion as some dogs and cats are absolutely fine using our play mats, however some cats will use them for scratch poles and some playful dogs with long sharp claws can pierce the outer layer)
- Not suitable for washing machines or steam cleaning. (There is absolutely no need! Simply wipe clean)
- Wipe clean with a damp soapy cloth.
- Do NOT use harsh detergents, citrus essential oils, alcohol, bleach or abrasive cleaners (such as Jif or Gumption) as they may damage the surface of the mat and cause yellowing, discolouration or fading.
- Avoid placing heavy furniture on your mat for prolonged periods as it could cause indentations.
- Any holes, stains or marks reported after 14 days are not the fault of Softly Summer Pty LTD.
By purchasing goods with us you acknowledge the above information and agree to follow the care instructions provided
PLEASE BE AWARE:
FAILURE TO ADHERE TO THE CARE INSTRUCTIONS MAY VOID YOUR WARRANTY.